Insurance Information

(Click on the underlined text to connect to the appropriate website)

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) home page 

It is important to understand SSI for Children

To apply for SSI.  You can call toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 and ask for an appointment with a Social Security representative.  Meeting with an Social Service Representative can make the process go more smoothly.

More SSI Information

What You Need To Know When You Get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)



Basic Eligibility for families and applicants under 65

How to Apply

Kaileigh Mulligan Program (Home Care for Disabled Children)

The Kaileigh Mulligan Program allows certain severely disabled children (under age 18) to live at home with their parents and have MassHealth eligibility determined without counting the income and assets of their parents. The childís medical needs must be severe enough to require a level of care equal to that provided in a hospital or pediatric nursing facility.

This program covers payments for a wide range of medical and nursing care, and certain medical equipment and supplies for the child. The cost to MassHealth cannot be greater than what it would cost for the child to live in a hospital setting or nursing facility.

The application process

Generally, referrals are made by the Department of Public Health case managers or by the childís hospital social worker.


Call the MassHealth Enrollment Center at 1-800-408-1253 (TTY: 1-800-231-5698 for people with partial or total hearing loss) for a MassHealth Application and more information about this program




Copyright © 2007